My line of totes is going well. I've made enough mistakes by now that I pretty much have learned the way around those patterns. I made a killer messenger bag for the owner of my local comic book shop but I haven't given it to her yet. You can view the latest and greatest in my personal gallery.
I was starting to work on a woman's tunic with some shiny material but it kept sliding all over the place just trying to cut it out. The sleeves don't even match and that's as far as I've gotten with it. It's discouraging. I'm looking forward to creating my authentic Amber costume but it likely will not be slippery fabric. I may have to go with a faux leather which will be easier to cut.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
I have a very simple pattern for 4 styles of dog coats which I wanted to master before attempting the costumes. I must say, that after making 2 of the easiest coats, some dogs must really be damn tiny. The coat length part seems totally normal but the necks are very tiny. The first one is too small to fit around Princess Caicó who is not at all interested in being a fashion model, especially of canine fashions when she is far superior to them. The second attempt is better but still not quite there; the neck/collar only comes to around 11". My third attempt with different fabric (fleece instead of flannel, what a bitc*!!) has been more awkward and I've had to wing it as far making the neck bigger but not the length of the coat. And I detest the way the instructions say to attach the collar so I spent an hour ripping it off on New Year's Day (good thing there was a Monk marathon on to keep me sane.) I need to get back to it today because I might go see Trixie & Daisy on Saturday.