Wednesday, November 05, 2008

GEN pumpkin contest


I submitted the two Geek pumpkins which I still have in my possession, Black Cat & Captain America to a contest. I give most of my carvings as gifts or prizes so I don't have them on hand to take additional photographs following guidelines. So with my two beloved pumpkins, I entered the Girls Entertainment Network Geek Carving Contest and won!

Since I know the Girls of GEN are into cosplaying Black Cat, I had a feeling that particular carving would go over well. I won a prize pack from Top Cow and some goodies from GEN; don't know what they are yet but I'm squeeeeing like a complete dorkfish!

To see my entire gallery of carvings, visit my comicspace gallery. Now I definitely have to up my game for next year! It'll have to be DC, don't you agree?

8 comments:

Troy Hickman said...

Wow! I've said it before, but it bears repeating: you rule.

(And if you've ever been around bears repeating, you know how unpleasant it can be!)

That Top Cow pack, by the way, is actually just my lunch. Those SOBs ran off with my sammiches!

Amber Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Love said...

LOL! I was hoping they'd send me signed Twilight Guardian, Common Grounds (or Freshmen) goodies. If they do send your lunch, remember I'm vegetarian. ;)

The Nerdy Bird said...

Congratulations! And yes, you're still as observant as ever, I'm new to GEN. :)

Troy Hickman said...

I can always send you the Twilight Guardian and Common Grounds stuff. The Freshmen stuff not as likely, although Seth has said he enjoys CG, so never say never.

Well, don't never say it. I mean, it's a part of the English language and all. Say it when it's appropriate.

Amber Love said...

Hey, Hickman! Were your ears ringing? I was just talking about you at Comic Fusion.

Troy Hickman said...

Comic Fusion? You mean New Jersey's finest comic shop, where the staff treats you right and the bargains never stop?

Amber Love said...

It's more like, "Our place is a mess but we're very happy you came to spend your money here instead of at Barnes & Noble." And we say it with a smile!