Saturday, December 20, 2008

Firestar wip - 99% complete



I am just about complete with my Firestar costume which I'll be wearing to NYCC '09! I am working on the mask right now. This suit has a collar which matches the illustration above which differs from the costume usually seen in the cartoon, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends. Once again, I'll say how much I love this wig. It's New Look brand and I have been very pleased with all of their wigs (only need to trim the bangs on them when they arrive but they're good right out of the box).

My gloves are little bit too short and that's because I'm using some of the fabric to cover the mask so that they match.

5 comments:

manumane said...

Hello Amber :)

Discovering your pages and your work has been very a likeable journey to me. I've always loved superheroes and I love your kind of little madness ! ;)

Sincere congratulations for your patience and your taste for details ! I guess it mustn't be easy to get unrealistic suits to concrete world ! I wish you work one day for a Sam Raimi or a Josh Whedon, wouldn't it be nice ? Keep on and enjoy !

Wish you a Happy New Year, from France, Emmanuel :)

PS : Firestar, Black Cat, and Wonder Woman costumes fit you well, you cute ! :)

The Nerdy Bird said...

You've done such an amazing job. And that wig really is great, it looks like good red hair not crazy clown red hair.

21jmpst said...

Amber,My daughter wanted to be Firestar for her 4th birthday. She watches reruns from the Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. I want to thank you for your pics and post as it helped my mom and I make her costume. We used food coloring to dye her hair and wonderunder to iron on the flames. No boots her size so we painted her toenails and fingernails red, orange and yellow. I would love to send pics of her to you to thank you for your inspiration, but I don't know how.

Amber Love said...

That's wonderful to hear that the new generation of girls love Firestar! She really is a great role model. I always found Angelica to be so sweet and caring. You can email me at elizabeth.amber (at) comcast (dot) net with pictures. I would love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm trying to find a Firestar costume and found your blog. I love your costume!! Would you be interested in making me one? I'm in no rush at all. If so, what would you charge approx.?

Lora Garrison
Kansas City
loragarrison@gmail.com